Full-time Event Barista Required
We are currently looking for a full-time Event Barista to join our dynamic team here at The Barista.
The role will be based at our head office in Leeds with a U.K and European wide reach. If you feel like you’re suitable for the job and the person that we’re looking for then get in touch.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
– Driving to venues across the U.K. and Europe and setting up espresso bars in a mobile setting whilst successfully navigating your way around different cities and venues;
– Managing the coffee bar and liaising directly with clients and their guests;
– Producing a consistently high standard of coffee with efficiency and excellent customer service;
– Managing stock and equipment on-site and restocking when appropriate;
– Being responsible for managing part-time / freelance baristas and overseeing the smooth running of their respective coffee bars when we have more than one coffee bar at a single event;
– When not on-site you will be required to help with duties in the office and warehouse. This will include packing and preparing for events, equipment maintenance and cleaning, admin and general office support, coffee development (cupping and coffee selection etc) and training.
Our requirements from any applicants are:
– A full, clean driving license and the ability to drive large vans;
– A strong interest in speciality coffee. Previous experience and existing skills is preferred but not essential as full training and development will be provided on an ongoing basis;
– A high level of customer service and a friendly, sociable character. Previous experience in hospitality is advantageous;
– Happy to travel and work away from home regularly and be flexible with work patterns;
– Confidence and resourcefulness to work independently in different cities throughout the UK and Europe;
– Well presented with a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming;
– Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and manage other staff;
– A positive ‘can do’ attitude and great initiative;
– A good team player that will fit the positive and supportive culture of our organisation.
The successful candidate will receive the relevant training to get them up to the required standard for the role when joining the company as well as on-going and more advanced training and personal development.
A rate of £8.50 per hour will be paid for all on-site event service hours and £7.00 per hour for all other duties. All travel and accommodation costs will be covered and you will also receive a daily food allowance when working away from home. The successful candidate will be contracted to a minimum of 32 hours per week, but expected to regularly exceed this, for a fixed 12 month term.
As a fast growing and ambitious company we are continually taking on new challenges and developments so the right person and good performance could lead to the opportunity to progress further within the company.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter including why you would like to join our team and why you believe you are well suited to our company of the role of an event barista to firstname.lastname@example.org